Paradigm: (n PAIR.a.dime) the generally accepted perspective of a particular discipline at a given time.
Transformational Health Coaching is all about the small, sustainable steps a person takes to effect the changes that lead them to their ultimate goal. When you change paradigms, you’re changing how you think about something.
This week’s tip is all about the Dietary Paradigms that I hold to both personally and in my coaching practice. When clients are considering working with me, it’s helpful for them to know what I believe and if our paradigms are in alignment. This is important information to know before you decide to work with a coach.
My 10 Dietary Paradigms
- There are as many ‘‘right’’ diets as there are people on the planet.
- What’s healthy for one person might not be healthy for YOU.
- The body has an innate wisdom, beyond any book or authority.
- Diets are not useful as dogma (a principle or set of principles laid down by an authority as incontrovertibly true), but they are useful references.
- Your body is the ultimate dietary authority for every phase of your life.
- Your diet changes as YOU change.
- Your body is the most powerful, least expensive and BEST dietary
experimentation lab in existence.
- Your RELATIONSHIP with food and your body impacts your health more
powerfully than the food you eat.
- Every symptom, craving or behavior around food has a POSITIVE INTENTION; therefore symptoms, cravings and behaviors are not the problem, they are the just the best SOLUTION you have come up with so far.
- Nourishment is about much more than just food.
Working with the right health coach will get you the results you’ve been looking for. Talk with several coach candidates before you invest your time and money. You get one body that will be yours for life; treat it with the same care you would give any precious possession.
Schedule a Discovery Strategy Session with me if you’re looking for results.